top of page

Frequently Asked Questions


What schools does Salmon Creek Harmony ARK Education Foundation support?

We support Harmony Elementary School and Salmon Creek Middle School in Occidental.


What does Salmon Creek Harmony ARK fund?

We help fund the Spanish, school production garden, arts and other programs that are not fully funded by the school district at this time. We also fund materials and supplies. For a list of what the Ark funds, click here.


How do I join Salmon Creek Harmony ARK?

Every parent in the Harmony Union School District is considered a member of the ARK. If you are interested in becoming more involved at the schools, or want to help the schools raise money, your help would be very welcome. Please come to a meeting or contact the ARK’s president, Ashley Cherney.


How can I get involved?

There are many ways that you can get involved with the ARK. Come to our monthly meetings, volunteer your time, and help out in the classrooms. For more information, please contact the ARK’s president, Ashley Cherney. 


When and where does the ARK meet?

We meet on the second Wednesday of every month at 7:45am right after drop off. Meetings are held on campus in the Kurt Erickson or Assembly room.


Who can attend ARK meetings?

Meetings are open to all interested parents, teachers, staff, and community members. We encourage everyone to attend. It is a great way for new parents to get involved and meet other parents.


I can’t come to meetings. Are there other ways I can be involved?

Yes! We have something for everyone. We need volunteers for virtually everything. We need parents for the Art Docent, Garden Docent, and Drama programs, as well as Fun Fridays. We need help with fundraisers, staff appreciation, and lots of ongoing tasks, large and small. You can choose a level of participation that works best for you. For more information on how to get involved, click here.


What are Salmon Creek Harmony ARK’s fundraisers?

We have several fundraising events throughout the year, such as the Auction, Community Dinner,  Halloween Carnival, Book Fair, and many others. Our Family Contribution campaign is once a month during each trimester. For information on this and other ways to donate, contact ARK's president, Ashley Cherney. HUSD Sharks shirt and sweatshirt sales also benefit the ARK.


Is there a Parent Teacher Association (PTA), too?

Right now, there is no PTA in our school district. We had one years ago, but dwindling enrollment caused a decrease in parent volunteers. Our school was unable to support two organizations, so it was decided that the PTA would merge with Salmon Creek Harmony ARK.


Is my donation tax-deductible?

Yes! Harmony ARK is a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, so your donation is tax-deductible. Our Federal Tax ID number is 68-02-57153. For information on ways to donate, click here.


May I donate to a particular program?

Yes. You may earmark your donation to fund a specific program, several specific programs, or you can choose to donate to wherever the money is most needed.


I want to make a donation, but I want to remain anonymous. Is that possible?

Yes! Any donor wishing to remain anonymous may do so. Thank you!

bottom of page